American Pale Ales (APA) are a refreshing hoppy beer with sufficient malt base to make the beer balanced and drinkable.
The ATF Extract Recipe - Simcoe Pale Ale is a well balanced aromatic American Pale Ale bursting with citrus and tropical fruit complemented with a herbal piney aroma, built on a luscious malt base with a satisfying bitterness.
Yeast is not included in the kit. We recommend using Mangrove Jack's West Coast Ale Yeast or you could also try using Fermentis Safale US-05.
||MJ West Coast Ale
- Mangrove Jack's Brewers Series American Pale Ale
- Mangrove Jack's Pure Liquid Malt Extract 1.2kg
- Mangrove Jack's Light Unhopped Spray Malt 500g
- Simcoe hop pellets - 100g (in two vacuum sealed foil bags; one for steeping & one for dry hopping)
Additional Equipment Needed
Stainless steel pot large enough to comfortably hold 10 litres.
- Stainless steel spoon to stir wort.