This Hazelnut Coffee Porter recipe is based on Rogue's Hazelnut Brown Nectar. This brew offers a hazelnut aroma with a rich, nutty flavour and a smooth, malty finish.
Makes: 23L Approx. ABV: 4.7%
Included in this kit:
1 x Mangrove Jack's Workingman's Stout
1 x Mangrove Jack's Rustic Brown Ale
2 x 10g packets Mangrove Jack's M15 Empire Ale Yeast
Top Shelf Hazelnut Flavouring
You will also need:
500ml freshly brewed coffee
1. On the brew day, clean and sanitise your fermenter, airlock, lid and mixing paddle with Mangrove Jack’s Total San Sanitiser. Remove the yeast from the dry compartment of the pouch and set aside for now.
2. Pour the contents of the Rustic Brown Ale and Workingmans Stout pouches into the fermenter and stir.
3. Top up to 23L with cold water.
4. Check the liquid temperature is below 22°C (72°F), pitch the yeast and ferment for 10 days at 18 - 22° C (64-72° F). Please note your OG should be roughly 1.050.
5. After 10 days, increase the temperature to 22°C (72°F) and ferment for 4 days.
6. After 4 days, add 10ml of the Top Shelf Hazelnut Flavouring and 500ml of freshly brewed coffee.
6. Add finings, wait 24 hours, then transfer to keg and force carbonate at 12psi at 4°C for 14 days - alternatively, bottle condition at a warm temperature for 3 weeks, and then transfer to a fridge and cold condition for final week (4 weeks total).