Classic 8 is a yeast and nutrient mix that performs excellently under most conditions. It is the best all-rounder Turbo Yeast, specifically formulated to ferment 8 kg (17.6 lb) of Turbo Sugar for high ABV, or 6 kg (13.2 lb) of Turbo Sugar for fast fermenting. Classic 8 also includes mineral absorbents which further improve distillate quality.
6 kg (13.2 lb) Turbo Sugar
At 18°C (64°F): 3 days
At 30°C (86°F): 2 days
8 kg (17.6 lb) Turbo Sugar
At 16°C (61°F): 10 days
At 25°C (77°F): 5 days
- With 6 kg (13.2 lb) Turbo Sugar using the T500 Reflux Condenser: 3.7 L (0.98 US Gal) @ 93% ABV (186 Proof)
- With 8 kg (17.6 lb) Turbo Sugar using the T500 Reflux Condenser: 4.5 L (1.19 US Gal) @ 93% ABV (186 Proof)
- Clean and sanitise all equipment before use.
- Prepare water making sure you end up with 21 L (5.5 US Gal) at the correct water start temperature (indicated on the back of the sachet).
- Now add sugar, and stir until completely dissolved before adding Turbo Yeast and Turbo Carbon.
Ingredients: Yeast nutrients, dried yeast (yeast, emulsifier (E491)), bentonite, vitamins, trace minerals, antifoaming agent.