Berliner Weisse is a refreshing low alcohol beer with a pleasant tartness that originated in Germany. A great summer beer that was once called the champagne of the north and is often served with a flavoured syrup such as Woodruff or raspberry.
This kit includes hops that require steeping.
Yeast is not included in the kit. We recommend using Lallemand Nottingham High Performance Ale Yeast.
Recommended Yeast - Nottingham
- Muntons Sour Malt Extract 1.5kg
- Mangrove Jacks Light Unhopped Spray Malt 500g
- Warrior Hops - 10g (require steeping)
Additional Equipment Needed
- Stainless steel pot large enough to comfortably hold 10 litres.
- Stainless steel spoon to stir wort.
- Grain Bag